Billy Shoepack is an alligator tug, belonging to the Salvage Fleet. He speaks with a strong West Country accent.
In his first appearance, Billy Shoepack was described to be just as dangerous as a real alligator due to his personality and common occupation of transporting dynamite. However, after he helped the Star Tugs and Zug out of an unusual situation, they came to appreciate him. In his second and final appearance, Up River, he helped Sunshine out of a burning logjam. Unfortunately, the blast caused the logs to be washed downstream, out of control, so he got a few thanks.His whistle has two middle-to-low pitches with a distinct whooping noise.
Behind the Scenes
Interestingly, Billy's wheelhouse did not move in Trapped, nor did his facial expression change unlike any of the other characters. In Up River, however, his wheelhouse does move and he has various different faces, like the other tugs.
- Lee Cornes (TUGS)
- Terry Klassen (Salty's Lighthouse)
- Mitsuaki Madono (Japan; Trapped)
- Rokurō Naya (Japan; Up River)
- Pauli Virta (Finland)
- His model was sold to The Star Tugs Company.
- At first, he was bought without his face mask, but he was then reunited with his face masks in 2014 when the owner came to one of the events with his face masks by complete surprise. This was also the case with the characters Big Mac and the Fire Tug. He now has had replicas of the face made using the original cast moulding.
|Billy Shoepack • Sunshine (formerly) • Dynamite Barges|