Bluenose is an officious navy tug.
Bluenose plays precisely by the rules and acts as a stereotypical army sergeant towards the other characters. He is obnoxious, bossy, pompous and self-centred. He is notorious for putting orders before common sense.
Bluenose made his first appearance in the episode Munitions in which he was to watch over the Kraka-Toa's arrival, loading and departure. He was shown attempting to order Hercules, O.J., the Fire Tug, Ten Cents, Zorran and Big Mickey about. However, his attempts to be the one in charge led to disaster when he did not listen to good advice from the other tugs, causing a devastating fire which led to the destruction of part of the dockside, the sinking of Big Mickey and destruction of the Kraka-Toa. During the fire, his engine broke down and he was saved by Ten Cents. The chaos left him in a state of shell shock. He was towed home by Grampus the next morning. He later appeared in the episode Regatta/4th of July in which he attempted to have Grampus blown up in target practice. In the story Nothing to Declare, Bluenose came to inspect the dock as a security check before two top-secret navy vessels arrived to dock in Bigg City Port for awhile. He did a thorough inspection and managed to annoy Captain Star and Warrior in the process.
Books and Annual Stories
- Bluenose's model is shared with Sea Rogue's model.
- He has a similar looking whistle to the Fultan Ferry.
- In Salty's Lighthouse, he speaks without a megaphone effect.
- His model was sold to The Star Tugs Company (formerly The Star Tugs Trust), but is now in the character of Sea Rogue .
- It is not currently known where his face masks are.