Burke and Blair are notorious, dark-hearted scrap dealers, and scavengers. They are always seen together, and have small appearances in a couple of episodes and stories across the series. Their first appearence is in Ghosts, when they pull away the Ghostly Galleon, but their most notable role is in the episode Quarantine, where they try to convince Captain Star that O.J. is ready for scrap, but fail to convince both the determined Captain and O.J.
Books and Annual Stories
- Nigel Anthony (Burke; TUGS)
- Sean Barrett (Blair; TUGS)
- Paul Dobson (Both; Salty's Lighthouse)
- Hideyuki Umezu (Burke; Japan)
- Mitsuaki Madono (Blair; Japan)
- Pauli Virta (Burke; Finland)
- Elise Langenoja (Blair; Finland)
Behind the Scenes
Their names and occupations are an obvious reference to Burke and Hare; known as the Edinburgh corpse dealers from 1827-28. Where as Burke and Hare sold corpses, Burke and Blair deal in scrap metal.
In Salty's Lighthouse they became movie producers named Mr. Boffo and Mr. Socko.
Their models were reused from The Pirates.
- Although based on the same tugboat, the two of them have very different facial features. Blair has a grey mustache whilst Burke has no mustache at all. Burke has square shaped glasses and Blair's are round. Burke has a wider nose where as Blair's nose is long, narrow and straight.
- The logo on the sides of their stacks shows two B's arranged back to back, resembling their names.
- Even though they were renamed in "Salty's Lighthouse", the names on their hulls are still visible.
- Their models were sold to The Star Tugs Company (formerly The Star Tugs Trust), all models were intact except for Burke, who is currently missing his glasses.
- They seem to not belong to the Star Fleet or the Zero Fleet. They may come from another unknown fleet (because of their funnel insignias).