Burke and Blair, known formally as Mr. Burke and Mr. Blair, are notorious, dark-hearted scrap dealers and scavengers. They are always seen together, and have small appearances in a couple of episodes and stories across the series. Their first and most notable appearance is in the episode "Quarantine," where they try to convince Captain Star that O.J. is ready for scrap, but fail to convince both the determined Captain and O.J. They later appear at the end of "Ghosts," when they pull away the Ghostly Galleon.
Books and Annuals
- Paul Dobson (Salty's Lighthouse)
Behind the Scenes
Their names and occupations are an obvious reference to Burke and Hare; known as the Edinburgh corpse dealers from 1827-28. Whereas Burke and Hare secretly murdered people and sold them as corpses, Burke and Blair legally deal in scrap metal.
In Salty's Lighthouse they became movie producers named Mr. Boffo and Mr. Socko.
Their models were reused from The Pirates.
- Although based on the same tugboat, the two of them have very different facial features. Blair has a grey mustache whilst Burke has no mustache at all. Burke has square shaped glasses and Blair's are round. Burke has a wider nose where as Blair's nose is long, narrow and straight.
- The logo on the sides of their stacks shows two B's arranged back to back, resembling their names.
- Even though they were renamed in "Salty's Lighthouse" to Mr. Boffo and Mr. Socko, the original names on their hulls are still visible.
- Their models were sold to The Star Tugs Company (formerly The Star Tugs Trust), all models were intact except for Burke, who is currently missing his glasses.
- They seem to not belong to the Star Fleet or the Zero Fleet. They may come from another unknown fleet (because of their funnel insignias).