Captain Star is the most prominent character in the whole series, due to the fact that he narrates it, doing so in past tense, and in a way that makes it clear that he is no longer at the helm of the fleet, and since the 1920s has retired. He uses a white and blue megaphone to call out to the Star Tugs.
It is unknown whether he is looking back from the actual time the programme was released, in the late 80s, or before, neither is it known who he is recounting his memories to. He narrates all thirteen episodes.
He is quite obviously a veteran sailor, and owns and cares for the Star Fleet. He always appears as a loudhailer in the window of The Star Dock building. He takes great pride in his fleet, but he knows that it is important to be hard on them in order to succeed. He is usually very strict if something does not go as shipshape as it is supposed to.
He has seven tugs and one unnumbered submarine (from Regatta onwards), within his fleet. They are as follows: Ten Cents (1) , Big Mac (2) , O.J. (3) , Top Hat (4) , Warrior (5) , Hercules (6) , Sunshine (7) and Grampus (submarine).
- Trapped (only narration role, mentioned)
- Munitions (narration role only in TV Version)
- Warrior (episode) (only narration role, mentioned)
- High Tide
- Ghosts (only narration role)
- High Winds (only narration role, mentioned)
- Up River (only narration role, mentioned)
- Bigg Freeze (only narration role)
Books and Annual Stories
- Run Aground
- Nothing to Declare
- The Race
- The Missing Barge
- Heat Wave
- Ship In Distress
- Naval Manoeuvres
- Ten Cents' Busy Day
Behind the Scenes
- In Salty's Lighthouse, Captain Star is portrayed as a female character.
|Ten Cents • Big Mac • O.J. • Top Hat • Warrior • Hercules • Sunshine|
|Captain Star • Grampus|