There are quite a few other places featured in the TUGS series that have played major roles in some episodes.
- Big Boulder Rock Co.: Home of the Quarry Master. In Warrior, the rock company contracted out to the Star Fleet and the Z-Stacks to supply stone for the construction of the new port.
- The Fire station: Home of the Fire Tug. The fire station is used to supply Fire Barges which project the port in case of fire. The fire barges were first used in "Munitions", during the dockside fire. A barge was also stolen by Zip and Zug in Bigg Freeze, and they were later forced to return it. A third barge was being pulled by O.J. in Quarantine, but the mad speedboat caused the barge to swing out and sink the Fultan Ferry.
- The Ferry pier: Seen in the episode Quarantine, as well as in the background of other episodes, the Ferry dock is the home to the Fultan Ferry, where it is loaded with cargo and vehicles.
- The Canal: A shortcut through Bigg City sometimes used by the tugs. It has numerous bridges passing over it, including railway bridges. The Star Fleet have been ill-advised by Captain Star to not use the canal during Naval inspections. In High Tide, a bridge spanning the canal collapsed after colliding with a large rig pulled by Zebedee. It was contracted to The Steel Company to be repaired, and completed by the following episode.
- The Coal yard: A dirty place full of coal barges. According to Captain Star, coal was the main import and export of Bigg City Port, and without it, industry would grind to a halt. It is visible from the Star and Zero docks.
- The Steel yard: Home to the Steel Company and shore crane, Big Mickey. In "High Tide", it is seen transporting its base across the harbour with the help of Big Mac, Warrior, Zebedee and Zak. This quay was later used by the Navy for loading explosives on to tramper Kraka-Toa in "Munitions".
- The Old docks: There are several abandoned docks seen and mentioned in the series. In Warrior, some of the older docks were being rebuilt, while in High Winds and Pirate, criminals used the abandoned docks as a hideout.
- Melon Produce Co.: A warehouse with a quayside, owned by the Melon Produce Company seen flooded in the episode "High Tide".
- The Crane inlet: Appearing briefly in the "Ghosts" as a shortcut for O.J., a number of old cranes are kept here, including Scuttlebutt Pete.
- Bridge Café: A bar with a famous jazz band, which is often called upon to play at special occasions. They appear as a float in "4th of July", and the celebratory entertainment for a successful docking of the Princess Alice. Grampus' dock is next to the Bridge Café as noted in "Pirate".
- The Church: A church was seen in Up River in the middle of Uptown, the church bells were used to warn the people of the town about the runaway logs.
- The Gulley: Seen in Bigg Freeze in the small port at the river mouth. Sunshine and Ten Cents had no choice but to follow the shallow waters when trapped by a fire barge to get the emergency light barge to the S.S. Vienna.
- The Logging Camp: As seen in Up River and Trapped, this is where the logs are stored in a lake, ready to be tied up and brought down-stream. Logs can pile up and cause a jam, as it did in Up River.
- Milk Company: Mainly seen in the canal of the episode High Tide, it also made appearances in various other episodes. It is a single warehouse building.
- Top-Town: In Trapped, Sunshine mentions to Billy Shoepack of Top-Town, further Up River, asking whether a floating crane was stored there. It is unclear whether Sunshine was referring to a nickname of an up-river location or the actual name.