Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends, shortened to Thomas & Friends since 2003, is the sister show of Tugs. After TUGS' production was ended., many of the models were sold to the TTTE's producer, Britt Allcroft, and used for Thomas and Friends props throughout the remote model series until it hit full CGI animation in 2009. Some of these models were generated along with the CGI Series, such as Big Mickey & S.S. Vienna (S.S. Roxstar).
- O.J. - Before appearing in Thomas & Friends, O.J.'s model was repainted white, replacing the yellow paint. The model was then also renamed to "Lakesider III". In the fourth season of Thomas & Friends, Lakesider III was used as a paddle boat at Lakeside, located on the Skarloey Railway. It was seen whenever Lakeside appeared. The wheelhouse of the model was then replaced with O.J.'s original head in late 2012. After it was purchased by the Star Tugs Company in early 2013, it was refitted with its original smokestack and glasses; the model is now owned by the Star Tugs Company.
- S.S. Vienna - When S.S. Vienna first appeared in Thomas & Friends, it kept the same livery as it had from TUGS, the model later gained red smokestacks, both these changes were only seen in the 3rd season. In the 4th season, the S.S. Vienna's model was given a black livery and black & white smokestacks; the model was also renamed to "S.S. Roxstar" ever since the model kept the same changes. The model was seen at Knapford Harbour in seasons 3 and 4, it was then seen at Brendam Docks since the 5th season.
- Big Mickey - Before appearing in Thomas & Friends, Big Mickey's megaphones were removed, the model was then used as a crane at Knapford Harbour in seasons 3 and 4, it was then shifted to Brendam Docks since the 5th season. And in the 21st season, he was given a Thomas and friends styled CGI face.
- Fultan Ferry - The Fultan Ferry was only seen in the 5th season episode, "Gordon and the Gremlin"; it was used as a ferry at Brendam Docks. This model was only seen once, and no changes were made.
- Izzy Gomez - Izzy Gomez's model was used as a tramp steamer in seasons 3 and 4 at Knapford Harbor; the model was then shifted to Brendam Docks in the 5th season.
- The Shrimpers - Before appearing in Thomas & Friends, the shrimpers megaphones were removed; then the models were repainted and seen in different locations across the island. Some of them even gained names.
- Coast Guard - The Coast Guard's model was seen as one of the boats at Arlesbrugh in the 3rd season; it was only seen in the 3rd season.
- A Schooner - A schooner's model was first seen at Arlesbrugh Harbor in the 3rd season episode, "All at Sea". It was then seen docked on the beach in the 5th season episode, "Something in the Air".
- Other Boats - Lots of other boats which were used as rolling stock in TUGS made several appearances in Thomas & Friends. A fishing boat was seen in the 3rd season episode, All At Sea. It is unknown if the model made any other appearances. A cargo boat was also seen as one of the boats Arlesbrugh in the 3rd season; it is also unknown if the model appeared again. There were no changes made to these models.
- A Tractor Model - A tractor model was also used as rolling stock in TUGS; it was used as a scrap dressing set. The model also made several appearances in Thomas & Friends, and it was only seen in the 3rd season. The model was not modified.
- China Clay Cars - The China Clay Cars used in the 2nd season of Thomas & Friends were later used as goods cars pulled by Puffa and the Goods Engine in TUGS. These were the only models in TUGS that were borrowed from its sister show, Thomas & Friends.
Almost all appearances of TUGS characters were modified in someway to fit the surrounding scenes of the live action Thomas & Friends, filmed on the same scale, whether it be face removal or entirely new modifications. The S.S. Vienna along with Big Mickey survived just as they were through all seasons since season 3; as a result, they are the only two of the TUGS survivors to make it into the CGI Series. A crane model was also generated along with the CGI Series; it is only seen at Brendam Docks. Big Mickey even gained a face during the 21st season and a voice of his own.