Please visit the Thomas & Friends wiki which is based on the sister series of TUGS.
Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends, since 2003 shortened to Thomas & Friends, is the better-known sister show of Tugs. After Tugs was cancelled, many of the models were sold to the show's producer, Britt Allcroft, and used for Thomas and Friends props throughout the remote model series until it hit full CGI animation in 2009. Some of these models were generated along with the CGI Series, like Big Mickey & S.S. Vienna (S.S. Roxstar).
- O.J. - Before appearing in Thomas & Friends, O.J.'s model was repainted white, replacing the yellow paint. The model was then also re-named to "Lakesider III". In the fourth series of Thomas & Friends, Lakesider III was used as a paddle boat at Lakeside, on the Skarloey Railway, it was seen whenever Lakeside appeared. The wheelhouse of the model was then replaced with O.J.'s original head in late 2012. After it was purchased by the Star Tugs Company in early 2013, it was refitted with it's original smokestack and glasses, the model is now owned by the Star Tugs Company.
- S.S. Vienna - When S.S. Vienna first appeared in Thomas & Friends, it kept the same livery as it had from Tugs, the model later gained red smokestacks, both these changes were only seen in the third series. In the fourth series, the S.S. Vienna's model was repainted black and gained black & white smokestacks, the model was also re-named to "S.S. Roxstar", ever since the model kept the same changes. The model was seen at Knapford Harbour in series 3-4, it was then seen at Brendam Docks since the fifth series.
- Big Mickey - Before appearing in Thomas & Friends, Big Mickey's megaphones were removed, the model was then used as a crane at Knapford Harbour in series 3-4, it was then shifted to Brendam Docks since the fifth series.
- Fultan Ferry - The Fultan Ferry was only seen in the fifth series episode; Gordon & The Gremlin, it was used as a ferry at Brendam Docks, this model was only seen once and no changes were made to this model.
- Izzy Gomez - Izzy Gomez's model was used as a tramp steamer in series 3-4 at Knapford Harbor, the model was then shifted to Brendam Docks in the fifth series.
- The Shrimpers - before appearing in Thomas & Friends, the shrimpers megaphones were removed and also the models were repainted, the models were then seen in different locations across the island. Some of them even gained names.
- Coast Guard - The Coast Guard's model was seen as one of the boats at Arlesbrugh in the third series, it was only seen in the third series.
- A Schooner - A schooner's model was first seen at Arlesbrugh Harbor in the third series episode; All At Sea, it was then seen docked on the beach in the fifth series episode; Something In The Air.
- Other Boats - Lots of other boats which were used as rolling stock in Tugs made several appearances in Thomas & Friends. A Fishing boat was seen towards the end of the third series; All At Sea, it is unknown if the model made any other appearances. A cargo boat was also seen as one of the boats Arlesbrugh in the third series, it is also unknown if the model made any other appearances. No changes were made to these models.
- A Tractor Model - A tractor model was also used as rolling stock in Tugs, it was used as a scrap dressing set. The model also made several appearances in Thomas & Friends, it was only seen in the third series. No changes were made to this model.
- China Clay Cars - The China Clay Cars used in the second series of Thomas & Friends were later used as goods cars pulled by Puffa and the Goods Engine in Tugs. These were the only models in Tugs that were borrowed from it's sister show, Thomas & Friends.
Almost all appearances of Tugs characters were modified in some way to fit the surrounding scenes of the live action Thomas & Friends, filmed on the same scale, whether it be face removal or entirely new modifications. S.S. Vienna as an example was repainted black and white, replacing her original white and gold livery. The S.S. Vienna along with Big Mickey survived just as they were through all series since series 3 as said above being the only two of the Tugssurvivors to make it into the CGI series, a crane model was also generated along with the CGI series; it was only seen at Brendam Docks.